Undergraduate Catalog 2021-2022

The Minor

Students declared in a baccalaureate degree program can (but do not have to) choose a Minor, which is a declared secondary field of study or specialization that includes considerably fewer credits than the major.

Declaration of the Minor

Students who wish to declare or change a minor(s) should file a Declaration/Change of Minor form with the Registrar’s Office. Deadlines for changing a minor(s) for the current semester are posted in the academic calendar. This can be done online and there is no fee. Students applying for graduation need to make sure their major is correct at the time of application or it will delay their semester of graduation.  

Course Substitution For Minor Requirement
If a Department or Program approve a course to be used as a substitution for a minor requirement, the Department or Program must submit a Course Substitution Form. This information will be processed as a substitution in DegreeWorks and a comment will be added to the students’ official CUNYfirst record by the Office of the Registrar within 3-5 days of receipt.

Due to the Financial Aid Census date, course substitutions for minor requirements must be reported at the point of registration or prior to the first day of the semester.